Following are several fact sheets on the issue of sugar policy and the need for reform. Click on the links to download and print a PDF version of each fact sheet.
General Fact Sheets
- Top 10 Facts About U.S. Sugar Policy
- The facts everyone should know about the U.S. sugar program.
- Grocery List: A Sample of Sugar-Containing Products
- Check out all of the everyday products that contain sugar.
- Common Myths About U.S. Sugar Policy
- Learn the real facts behind many common myths on U.S. sugar policy.
- About the Coalition for Sugar Reform
- Overview of the Coalition for Sugar Reform, the group’s mission, and a list of member organizations.
- Sugar Policy 101
- An overview of the current U.S. sugar program and the need for reform.
- Take Action!
- Learn how members of Congress can take action enact sugar reform.
Costs of the Sugar Program
- The U.S. Sugar Program: A Timeline of Increased Costs to America
- A look at the costs to American taxpayers since 2008 because of the U.S. sugar program.
- U.S. Sugar Policy – Cost to American Consumers
- Research that demonstrates exactly how much American consumers are paying for the current U.S. sugar program.
- U.S. Sugar Policy – Cost to American Jobs
- U.S. sugar policy is directly responsible for the loss of thousands of American food manufacturing jobs. This fact sheet outlines just some of the existing data.
- Small Business Quote Sheet
- Small business owners agree on the need for sugar policy reform.
- Policymaker Quote Sheet
- Policymakers agree on the need for sugar policy reform.
- Stakeholders Quote Sheet
- Consumer organizations and think tank leaders agree on the need for sugar policy reform.
- Opinion Leaders Quote Sheet
- Members of the media agree on the need for sugar policy reform.
State Fact Sheets
- Sugar-using Industry Jobs Map
- U.S. map highlighting the number of sugar-using industry jobs in each state
Sugar Reform Ads
- Vote for Sugar Reform – Vote for U.S. Manufacturing Jobs
- Current U.S. sugar policy puts at risk 600,000 jobs in 50 states. It’s time for sugar reform.
- The U.S. Sugar Program Is Not So Sweet for Small Business
- 200,000 jobs depend on the U.S. candy industry and are threatened by sugar policy.