Following are several fact sheets on the issue of sugar policy and the need for reform. Click on the links to download and print a PDF version of each fact sheet.
General Fact Sheets
- Top 10 Facts About U.S. Sugar Policy
- The facts everyone should know about the U.S. sugar program.
- Grocery List: A Sample of Sugar-Containing Products
- Check out all of the everyday products that contain sugar.
- Common Myths About U.S. Sugar Policy
- Learn the real facts behind many common myths on U.S. sugar policy.
- About the Coalition for Sugar Reform
- Overview of the Coalition for Sugar Reform, the group’s mission, and a list of member organizations.
- Sugar Policy 101
- An overview of the current U.S. sugar program and the need for reform.
- Take Action!
- Learn how members of Congress can take action enact sugar reform.
- Managed Trade with Mexico
- Learn how managed trade with Mexico is a bad deal for U.S. businesses, consumers and workers.
Costs of the Sugar Program
- The U.S. Sugar Program: A Timeline of Increased Costs to America
- A look at the costs to American taxpayers since 2008 because of the U.S. sugar program.
- U.S. Sugar Policy – Cost to American Consumers
- Research that demonstrates exactly how much American consumers are paying for the current U.S. sugar program.
- U.S. Sugar Policy – Cost to American Jobs
- U.S. sugar policy is directly responsible for the loss of thousands of American food manufacturing jobs. This fact sheet outlines just some of the existing data.
- U.S. Sugar Policy – Cost to the Environment
- Not only is the U.S. sugar program one of the most egregious examples of government intrusion and wasteful spending, it is also contributing to the destruction of the Everglades ecosystem and the marine life it supports.
- Small Business Quote Sheet
- Small business owners agree on the need for sugar policy reform.
- Policymaker Quote Sheet
- Policymakers agree on the need for sugar policy reform.
- Stakeholders Quote Sheet
- Consumer organizations and think tank leaders agree on the need for sugar policy reform.
- Opinion Leaders Quote Sheet
- Members of the media agree on the need for sugar policy reform.
State Fact Sheets
- Sugar-using Industry Jobs Map
- U.S. map highlighting the number of sugar-using industry jobs in each state
Sugar Reform Ads
- Vote for Sugar Reform – Vote for U.S. Manufacturing Jobs
- Current U.S. sugar policy puts at risk 600,000 jobs in 50 states. It’s time for sugar reform.
- The U.S. Sugar Program Is Not So Sweet for Small Business
- 200,000 jobs depend on the U.S. candy industry and are threatened by sugar policy.